In order to celebrate a wedding here at St. Bede St. Denis, it is important that an appointment with one of our priests or deacons be established in order to begin discussing the arrangements.
If the couple, after consulting with the priest, wishes to proceed to celebrating the Sacrament of Matrimony, as part of the process, we require the following:
- New Baptismal Certificates from both the bride and groom.
- Copy of your Confirmation Certificates.
- Marriage License from Cook County.
- (If you are already married civilly) A copy of your marriage certificate.
- (If you have been previously married and have received a declaration of Nullity from the Church) The Original Declaration of Nullity and civil declaration of divorce.
- Two witnesses for each party who are able to testify in favor of the party’s readiness in receiving the Sacrament of Matrimony.
- Participate in and complete the Pre-Cana Marriage Preparation course as required by the Archdiocese.
- The parish requires a fee of $400.00 (non-parishioners: $500.00) for the celebration of the Mass. This is to be paid in order to secure the date. Note: No dates will be secured until the fee is paid in full.
It is important to fulfill all of the above requirements before the date of the celebration. For legal and ecclesiastical reasons, we cannot celebrate the Sacrament of Matrimony until all the requirements have been met. Please work closely with your priest and avoid making any arrangements for the wedding reception until the date of the Wedding Mass is secured. This will help avoid conflicts as you proceed with your planning.